20 Ways to Practice Self Care
Do you ever get in those ruts where you just need some you time? Sometimes I have those days where I just need to relax, re-charge, and find myself again. These days we all live such busy lifestyles and are distracted by so much in our daily lives…doing some of these things make me feel whole again and give me that little boost I needed to get re-focused! There are just a few quick, easy, and effective ideas I’ve done and always will!
- Read inspiring quotes
- Take time for yourself, away from others.
- Don’t feel guilty turning down invitations or canceling plans.
- Take a mental health day from work if you need too!
- Pet animals
- Do yoga (even if it’s just stretching, it feels good!)
- Make plans or trips that excite you!
- Take a hot bath with Epsom salts, light a candle, and relax.
- Write down a list of things you’re thankful for
- Check in with yourself
- Ask for help if you need it
- Eat a balanced diet – but treat yourself with your guilty pleasure once in awhile
- Turn off your phone for a day
- Listen to a calming playlist
- Splurge on an item you’ve had your eye on for a while!
- Write down what you’re thinking and feeling
- Read your favorite book
- Listen to positive podcasts
- Practice meditation
- REMEMBER – Self-care is not an option, it’s essential.
It’s easy to always put others first – but sometimes we need to remember taking care of ourselves is also important! After all, if we don’t take care of ourselves…we can’t take care of anyone else! Is there anything else you do for self care? I’d love to hear what else!
Thanks for visiting! Happy relaxing!